Wednesday, October 24, 2007

How Time Does Fly

MiniVan

Photo of Tiny Van

These tiny vans are everywhere. They are proportionally correct, so it's hard to really describe without a point of reference. Compare to a Jeep Cherokee, they are 2/3 as wide, and not quite as tall. I've seen entire streets lined with these and bicycles parked. They seem to be one of the most popular vehicles available here. Then again, I rarely see them driving. They are usually parked, or broken down.


Fun Taxi

Photo of Beijing Taxi

This is my first really up-to-date blog, in that it only happened a few hours ago (my Wednesday night). On the way home from work I found myself actually enjoying the way the cab would aggressively cut people off, honk at cars, bikes and pedestrians alike, and generally try to keep moving. The temptation to drive like this will be strong when I get home. The photo is of a typical Taxi - taken during my ride from the Airport.


Pollution

There are good days and bad days. I've been told that I've not seen the best or the worst of the pollution here. Check out these two photos, both were taken in the daytime, on very different days:

Photo of Clear Mountains Photo of Missing Mountains

It's getting late... I'm off to find a late dinner.

No comments: